To integrate Invoice Manager and Expense Manager you will need to have installed the following:
- Invoice Manager
- Expense Manager 2.0.0 or newer
- Expense Manager - Invoice Manager integration
The last one is a plugin that you can find in the download files for Invoice Manager.
Please, proceed to download and install the two compenents and the plugin and enable the last one.
Configure the Expense Manager - Invoice Manager integration plugin
This plugin is the core plugin for the integration, and it is responsible for creating expenses automatically when new invoices are placed in Invoice Manager. If you go to plugin manager in Joomla, you can set a few parameters for the plugin:
- Which information to save: Select Invoice total gross if you want only one expense for each invoice with its total amount. Otherwise, if you want an expense for each item in the invoice, select Invoice items. And Invoice payments will create an expense for every payment of the invoice.
- Update expenses: If set to Yes, updating an invoice will automatically update the corresponding expenses.
- Category for the expenses: Select in which category do you want to recieve the expenses coming from Invoice Manager.
- Account for the expenses: Select in which account do you want to recieve the expenses coming from Invoice Manager
- Which name to use: If you prefer to store the number of the invoice to the name of the expense select Invoice Number. Otherwise, if you want to store the name of the customer of the invoice as the name of the expense select Customer name.
Once the plugin is enabled and its configuration is set. By creating new invoices, the corresponding expenses will be automatically created for you.