The extended version of Affiliate Tracker supports multi-level or multi-tier affiliates. This means that affiliates can have other subaffiliates as children building a hierarchy in which you can define a commission for each level.
If you want to provide your system the multi-level functionallity, you only need to enable Multi-level commissions field in your Affiliate Tracker configuration.
There are two ways to build the hierarchy. Manually for each affiliate or automatically.
- In order to create it manually, the administrator will need to assign the parent for each user that become an affiliate from its account configuration.
- To create the hierarchy automatically, you will need to allow users request new affiliate accounts. The behavior of the system in this case will follow these steps:
- A user becomes an affiliate.
- This affiliate (the parent) provides an affiliate link to another user.
- This other user, visits the website and and eventually becomes an affiliate (the child).
- Affiliate Tracker detects that this user came from an affiliate link and creates the relationship (parent-child) between these two affiliates.
- This child can eventually become the parent of other affiliates. Don't worry if your hierarchy becomes bigger every day, the number of possible levels is infinite.
How are the commissions applied
The best way to see this is by an example. Let's se the behavior that will the system adopt for the Invoice Manager plugin commisisons:
- Imagine we have an affiliate A (parent) and an affiliate B (A's child). And both of them have it's Invoice Manager commission levels set.
- When a conversion is created for the affiliate A, the top level commission will be aplied to it and anybody else will recieve a commission because it hasn't any parents.
- However, when a conversion is created for the child (affiliate B), this one will get the top level commission and affiliate A will get the second level commissoin defined on affiliate A's profile.
- If affiliate A had a parent (we already said this is not the case). It's parent would get the third level commission defined on it's profile and this would continue untill we find an affiliate without a parent or a parent that hasn't got the corresponding commision level that needs to be applied defined.
Note that all the commission values are filled in automatically by setting the default commission values on each integration plugin configuration but they are customizable for each user.